nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Greening in Florida

  • From: athagan@atlantic.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Greening in Florida
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:34:07 -0400

We do seem to be taking another hit, tresteza, canker, now greening.
I'm about a hundred miles or so north of the commmercial citrus belt
here in Florida so maybe it wouldn't make it this far if it did get
out of hand, but maybe it would too. Dr. Malcom Manners, a citrus
breeder with Florida Southern University, posts to the citrus forum
of the Gardenweb and he sounded pretty dour if they can't quickly get
it under control. Half of my orchard is some form of citrus.

.....Alan.