nafex - Re: [NAFEX] a Glenora black grape with soft green wood

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] a Glenora black grape with soft green wood
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:54:56 -0500

Its good to hear that Glenora is worth retaining.

As far as getting its this-year's green wood through the winter, my specific question is my best best burying this year's wood in soil, or covering this year's wood with leaves?

Which is most likely to make this year's wood permanent so green growth can come from it every year?

Thanks
Charlie Paradise
with a somewhat tender Glenora grape in Massachusetts

Ribes60@aol.com wrote:

 I had Glenora growing herew in Central PA and found it to be a very good tasting grape - one of the best. I have lost the vine, due to too much shade and not enoug care, but wouls be happy to have one growing here. I liked it very much.   Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A