nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach pits

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.taylor.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach pits
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:06:29 -0500

Jerry wrote
Oops, error. Correcting: I'm in zone 5b not 7b. Realized my error 5 seconds after sending.
Should have read, "Have done the same in 5b, central Indiana."

And here I thought that global warming is kicking into overdrive. :-)

By the way, I picked my one pixie crunch apple yesterday and tried it. It was
probably several days early, but it was red and the seeds black. Anyway, the
flavor was quite good and it definitely lived up to the crunchy part of its
name. I've tried some jonathans and they are pretty good as well, just rather
small. My guess is that it is the reduced rain this summer. And all my
actinidia arguta (hardy kiwi) apparently fell of the vines while I was away
in July, because I can't find any now. There weren't many, but I was really
looking forward to trying at least one. :-( Speaking of which, the
Japanese beetles really love the vines, and I completely lost one plant
mid-summer to reasons not known; perhaps a combination of lingering frost
damage plus drought.

-- sb

In eastern Indiana, where the zone might be either 5b or 7b. (I'm not sure
which one I want.)

  • Re: [NAFEX] peach pits, Jwlehman, 08/28/2005
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] peach pits, Stefan Brandle, 08/29/2005