nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon succulent growth.

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Persimmon succulent growth.
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:05:03 +0000

Jerry, I've noticed on healthy vigorous planting stock that if the growing tips are cut or pinched back, then 3 or 4 growing tips develop from the leaf nodes inside this pruned tip. Would this then be 3 tips producing this root-promoting hormone, where formerly it was only one? On the other hand, seems to me it takes energy to produce these new growing points, so in that first stressful year the plant might be better ahead to work with just the oriiginal growing point.

Or have I just added more confusion?

tc, s.WI, we finally got a little rain but now hotter than ever.