nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Best keeping apples?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Best keeping apples?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:48:32 -0700

Garfield Shults, Homedale, ID. has developed an apple called Coconut Crunch that is extremely long keeping. They are still in prime condition when the new crop comes in, and from what I've seen, might keep as long as the Hambledon Deux Ans. I haven't tasted that many yet, but they really do have a coconut-like aftertaste.
-Lon Rombough