nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cherry budwood question

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cherry budwood question
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:43:35 -0500

After I took a grafting class this spring, I tried grafting a couple of
Meteor cherries when I go home from the class, and they are doing fine. I
think that the class was in late April, don't remember the exact date.
I had never had any success with my grafting or budding attempts in the last
20+ years, so to have 4 of the 6 plants that I did in the class grow
successfully (so far at least) and then to have the 2 cherries that I did on
my own at home grow just as well is very encouraging.

And a reminder to everyone on the list--it really helps to mention where you
are located and your growing zone, so that we can make better use of your
messages, when you post something to this list. I have noticed a number of
messages lately signed by familiar names without any geographical information
attached.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI, cold edge of zone 4