nafex - [NAFEX] Apple Bagging Question

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple Bagging Question
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:14:21 -0500

Since it has rained nearly every day or two or three, spraying my apple
trees with Surround ® has been futile so I'm bagging my apples. I found a
500 pack of zip-lock sandwich bags from Sam's Club. I position the bag over
the apple's stem at the middle of the bag and zip as tightly as possible
against both sides of the stem.
Now for the question: Can my bags be expected to stay put through an
average wind-storm? Or do the bags need to be stapled too? I'd appreciate
any advice or comment.
Thanks,
--

Jim Fruth