nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Datura

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Datura
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:19:14 -0400

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:09:55 -0500, kieran or donna <redherring@tnaccess.com> wrote:

Datura makes me wonder if many manycommon toxic plants could be used for deterrents.

Hi,

I wonder if you took a tour and observed which weeds the pests ignore, or do little damage to is a good starting point.

It has been a long while since I saw a skunk cabbage, but they always struck me as insect damage free. Maybe something there, or possibly skunk cabbage is similar to rhubarb. Maybe the smell, or some other unknown.

Later,
Tom