nafex - [NAFEX] That big freeze no one talked about

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] That big freeze no one talked about
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:42:37 -0500

I was surprised you all didn't talk about it. We went home and saw no TV or
computer for the 4 days it was going on. It was chilly in the daytime, but
no thanks to the National Weather Service for any info on what was happening
or when it was going to end. My husband would come to bed at midnight and
give me the weather report. First night, 39 and clear. The thermometer is
under trees, so I always figure it's colder in the garden. So I got up and
covered the corn and the strawberries. Next night, 37, so I did it again.
Next two nights I had the good sense to cover stuff before dark, and those
were the nights it actually did frost. My son told me it was a blast
straight from the North Pole. Jim Fruth had asked me some trivial question
in the few days before it hit, and afterward I wondered why he hadn't said
"Warning warning, danger, danger!!!" but maybe his fingers were frozen to
the keyboard already before he knew what was happening? Maybe most of you
never heard what really happened? If you'd like to see it in action, here
is a link my son sent: http://squall.sfsu.edu/crws/jetstream.html
You can go into the archives and see it page by page, or set up a sequence
and then watch it. I started it on April 22. If this same thing were to
happen in January, none of us would be very happy. Donna

  • [NAFEX] That big freeze no one talked about, kieran or donna, 05/11/2005