nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 'Bangor ' Blackberry

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'Bangor ' Blackberry
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 19:10:25 -0500

No, these blackberries have nothing to do with FEDCO Trees or any other
varieties
offered or trialed by John Bunker. Very different plant, as I have John's
"Fort
Kent King", and it of a very different habit. Haven't had a chance to compare
the
berries side by side so I cannot give any word on that. The "Bangor" is a
listed,
rare heirloom that Mr. Chase has had thriving in the sod of his lawn for
forty
years at his current house, brought from his childhood house. For collectors,
hardy
blackberry enthusiasts, and those who like a little pain with their pleasure.
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine

On Thu May 5 18:26 , mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net> sent:

>nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
>

>All other messages are discarded.
>
>No exceptions.
>
>----
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used
change other email options):