nafex - [NAFEX] Freezes

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Freezes
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 18:33:42 -0500

I just checked my buartnuts. They had all leafed out a couple weeks ago (almost a month earlier than usual) & all of the immature leaves are froze off. I can't picture it putting out new leaves very quickly...maybe the trees will just be bare all summer. An early May freeze is fairly typical here, but the 3 week warm spell before the freezes was extreme.