nafex - [NAFEX] Clover Mix while you order peach tree borer traps and lures

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Clover Mix while you order peach tree borer traps and lures
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 14:05:09 -0400

If any of you like growing clover, I want to add to what Stephen said about
groworganic.com is they have a dynamite clover mix, # SCM200, coated Dryland
Annual Clover Mix. Despite the "annual" label, I planted this mix in front
of picture window here in Massachusetts on 19 August 2004, about 80% came up
again this spring, and today, some weird spiky blooms appeared off some of
the plants.

Why do I grow a mix? Because last year I grew some red clover that never
amounted to much, then somebody told me it won't grow in hot weather...so I
grow a mix so SOMETHING out of the mix will likely thrive. Never again will
I plant a single variety clover.

By the way, does anybody know if clover will grow where a Black Walnut was
just cut down?
Charlie Paradise