nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "Roundup"/trunk diameters

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "Roundup"/trunk diameters
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 15:49:58 +0000

I'm intrigued. Glyphosate at higher concentrations is great for cut-stump treatment of undesireable woody vegetation, and it works best in late summer & autumn, because it is pulled down into the roots. Where I've resorted to glyphosate to control garlic-mustard, all woody plants with small trunks/stems in the spray site get killed too, at the regular weak concentration for herbacious weeds, and sprayed in spring (May).

How can you spray thin trunks in autumn, and they survive? Can you give details, on- or off-list, about the exact product you use? For example-- RoundUp or generic, what concentration, what carriers/ surfactants, any other variables?