nafex - RE: [NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:25:56 -0700

I bagged apples last year using Glad sandwich bags with a flap sealed
with a twist-tie. I was very pleased with the result. This year I am
noticing very few blossoms on the branches I bagged last year. Has
anyone noticed this on their trees? I wonder if I damaged the fruit
spurs at harvest time last year? I am hoping that the bags didn't
somehow discourage fruit spurs from developing.
-Mark Lee, Seattle