nafex - [NAFEX] Sources for liquid sulphur

  • From: "Dan Durica" <dandurica@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sources for liquid sulphur
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:50:26 -0700

I've been trying to follow the IPM recommendations for scab control found in The Apple Grower, but I can't find any sources for the liquid sulphur he mentions.  He says to use Sulphur 6L, and I believe this is 52% sulphur.  Planet Natural is mentioned as a source, but they don't appear to sell any liquid sulphur now.  An internet search doesn't yield much info either.  Does anyone know if this stuff should be available at a nearby farm supply store, or if it has to be ordered?   They've got liquid lime sulphur in small amounts at the local garden store and the local co-op, but that's not what I need apparently.

A related question.  Does anyone know how many years it might take to bring apple trees that have gone into alternate year bearing back into annual bearing through pruning and thinning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Durica
Madison WI
Zone 4/5

  • [NAFEX] Sources for liquid sulphur, Dan Durica, 04/12/2005