nafex - [NAFEX] Late Summer in Japan

  • From: mgb <mgbetz@dslextreme.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Late Summer in Japan
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:59:49 -0700

We are planning to visit family in Japan this year, probably late Sept, early October.

Any ideas of unusual or even rare fruits to be on the lookout for?

We will be based in Yokohama/Ofuna, have railpass, and will be in Hokkaido towards the end of the trip.

My husband is Japanese...so I have a translater :) btw He introduced me to akebi fruit years ago, in late summer. He is not a gardener...so I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions?

Any recommended botanical gardens? Farm projects open to the public, etc. Besides gardening, I'm interested in sustainable agriculture and poultry...raise our own chickens for eggs.

Thank you,

Gwen in L.A.

  • [NAFEX] Late Summer in Japan, mgb, 04/10/2005