nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove Currant - propagating

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove Currant - propagating
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:08:12 -0400

Hello,

Crandall roots easily, and suckers even better. Root it like a grape cutting, or in middle summer use a spade to sever a sucker from the mother, and then transplant it in the fall if the sucker survives.

You do not need a mist bench.

You can also set up a nursery trench in the fall, and as soon as the plant is dormant take cuttings and place them in the nursery trench. Many will root by spring.

Later,
Tom