nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Selecting "topics"

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Selecting "topics"
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:48:39 -0400

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:44:24 -0700, cdbfarm <cdbfarm@direcway.com> wrote:

I would, for instance, just be interested inrecieiving postings that concern apples andpears??? G. Bassetti

Hi,

Use your email software filter. By setting some rules that are something like the below you can filter out a lot;

If email is FROM nafex@lists.ibilio.org and
the BODY does not contain the words "apple/s"
or "pear/s" direct email to TRASH.

However, you will miss many emails that pertain to apples and pears that do not contain those key words. Searching the SUBJECT line will lose even more emails. We are notoriously bad for not changing SUBJECT lines when the dialog shifts.

Filters are fine if you are willing to miss a lot of email. I just use the filter between my ears and if the content is running in a direction that does not interest me, I simply delete it in seconds.

Later,
Tom