nafex - [NAFEX] Need info on several plum cultivars

  • From: "Penny White" <PlumHillFarm@gmavt.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Need info on several plum cultivars
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:10:34 -0500

Hello, We have several of the pluims you are interested in. We live in
Vermont, also in zone 4B.

Mount Royal: Small round fruit, good tasting, reliable, lots of fruit

Opal: 4 years old no fruit yet

Gracious: Large red fruit good, one year it was very sour, maybe it wasn't
warm enough.

Purple Heart: Fruit to die for, very good, moderate yields. Tree grows
sideways

Others to consider are:

Underwood which is very reliable (almost always fruits even when the Kaga's
or Toka's don't),

Superior, Large and very good

Kaga and Toka (if they bloom, everything gets pollinated) Fruit smallish,
perfumed and good.

Eric White
Plum Hill Farm
Charlotte, Vt.