nafex - Re: [NAFEX] favorite nurseries - Miller

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] favorite nurseries - Miller
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:56:42 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2005 12:45:46 PM US Eastern Standard Time, lonrom@hevanet.com writes:

My only quibble about Miller is a tendency to over-hype.

My experience with them exactly, and why I stopped buying from them.

Example I purchased a red California type grape from them that they claimed to be winter hardy for this area, it wasn't.  Froze out two years in a row. When I wrote them, they never replied. Their nursery must set in a micro climate zone 7 belt.

Have ordered from them more than once and will never again. Don't remember the other problems, been maybe 7 years.

Jerry