nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Dwarf Peach

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Dwarf Peach
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:03:24 -0800

Honey Babe is a pleasant peach, zone 6 hardy, good for container growing.
It's said to reach 5 feet, but in my experience is shorter and bushier in a
container. There is also a Nectar Babe nectarine.

I'm no judge of hardiness, I just go by what the books say. Coldest my
garden's been is 0. We do have problems with late rains and cold snaps, so
late-blooming varieties - or dwarves I can cover - can still be an
advantage.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate