nafex - Re: [NAFEX] burning horse manure

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] burning horse manure
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:22:32 -0800 (PST)

Burning might be the best option if he can't afford to
have it hauled or treat it as waste, his insurance
won't allow him to have gardeners come get pickup
truckfuls, he has no fields to spread it on/ no equip
to spread it with, or if he knows it is contaminated
with bad weeds or disease. Why the selling-feature
"the ash is a rich fertilizer", since the manure was a
rich fertilizer to start with?