nafex - Re: [NAFEX] burning horse manure

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: breezyhill@myway.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] burning horse manure
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:21:21 -0500

You're right, it is a waste of nitrogen and bulk. Potash and other minerals would remain.

Lee Reich
www.leereich.com

On Jan 31, 2005, at 7:05 PM, breezyhill wrote:

Someone I know is burning an accumulation of horse manure rather than composting it. He has been told that this produces a very rich fertilizer. I am aghast. Surely all of the lovely N and soil conditioning properties are lost. Would there be anything left except potash?

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com_______________________________________________

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
All other messages are discarded.