nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Oemleria cerasiformis "Indian Plum" - Bee feeders?

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Oemleria cerasiformis "Indian Plum" - Bee feeders?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:05:49 -0800

Osmaronia cerasiformis is a native here in Oregon. I have Osmia bees and the Indian peach blooms about one to two months before they emerge, so it wouldn't do them much good. They usually emerge about the time Japanese plums bloom here, and finish up during apple blossom season, so they are great for pollinating those fruits and usually don't need anything else.
-Lon Rombough