nafex - [NAFEX] What's topical? (Admin Message)

  • From: "NAFEX List" <nafexlist@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] What's topical? (Admin Message)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:42:46 -0800

Dear Members:

(Just a gentle nudge to put people back on target.)

Short message: Discussions about potted fruit trees ARE topical and within the scope of this list. Remember that there is a wide climatic variation for this list's coverage.

So keep on discussing it all you like. If you find a new topic somehow distasteful, consult the user's guide of your email program for the best means on how to delete those messages.

Please, please, please . . . spare the group (and yourselves) the time and energy invested in "meta-dissertations" about what is--and isn't--topical. (Hint: arguing about "what's topical" aint' topical.)

This list has been run with a hands-off approach that allows a fairly wide range of topics. That same hands-off approach has also permitted the continued participation of individual group members who might have been banned on other lists.

At some point in the future I may decide on narrower criteria for discussion topics--and list participation. I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

regards,

GREG MILLER
List Administrator