nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd:Pristine

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd:Pristine
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:08:34 -0800 (PST)

Wanted to forward some info about 'Pristine' apple.
In much web-searching I didn't run across the info
that it should be thinned for best results, and might
not belong on my "grower-friendly" scion request list.
(Also, Monark may have a little too fireblight
susceptible.)

Don't know how I missed this website:

> http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/pri/coop32.html

Thanks also for not scolding on- or off-list about my
asking for listers' help in starting a grower-friendly
orchard. Not much "exploring" on this project, but
maybe this orchard will pique the interest of another
generation of growers, well, one young couple, anyway!