nafex - [NAFEX] Honeyberry

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Honeyberry
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:53:35 -0600

Have any of you tasted a Honeyberry, the edible-fruited Honeysuckle,
Lonicera kamchatika? If so, how was it? Did you like it? The 'book' says
that the flavor resembles that of a Blueberry; is that true?
My reason for asking is because I'm in the process of making my plant
orders for 2005 and my wife and I are considering buying several, or more,
honeyberry trees. As I mentioned another time, we make gourmet
jams/jellies/syrups from the fruits we grow ourselves, here in North-central
Minnesota. We are always looking for new (delicious) flavors.
If you have a different fruit suggestion for us to try, we'd enjoy
hearing about it.
Thanks,
Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN