nafex - [NAFEX] all things must pass

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] all things must pass
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:14:39 -0600

Well All,
My employment for FEDCO Trees, a well-known nursery, has come to an abrupt
end.
Please assume from this point forward that my opinions are my own, as they
always
have been. I will continue to be involved with plants, probably more so now.
My
email address may stay the same, as I still work for the company as a whole.
Any
questions about FEDCO Trees should be directly towards my ex-employer, John
Bunker.
Another chapter of life closes.
It is indeed a sad thing about South Meadow. I called them a few tears back
looking
for information on Macglauplin Plum, which is currently in propagation by my
family, and which was gratefully hiding in the near legendary Andi Mariani
Orchards. Many conflicting stories were told me by of course the same
infamous
woman whom all the negative reviews site. She said the old owner had severe
senility and was unable to be clear about source trees. I then asked if I
could
have some names of people who had purchased the plum during the period of
time it
was offered by the nursery. Knowing this was a stretch, I did not expect
results,
and she said something about records or a database not existing. This type of
database, since possible with computers, is really an important feature for
making
sure the next generation can track down the lost sheep.
And concerning Mariani Orchards mentioned above, I contacted them this late
Fall to
order their delicious Sugar Plums made with a dried plum stuffed with nuts
and
honey. They are not doing many of their fruit sales, no holiday sales, and
apparently Andi is no longer involved, but it did not sound like the place
was
sold. I was told it was a private issue, which I can understand. I am a
little nosy
at times. I can only theorize, but he was extremely kind and patient with my
scionwood request out of the blue. Does anyone know the dirt, and will this
last of
the premium orchards be open again? I offered to buy their recipe, arrogant I
know,
but I am an addict. A google got me something that seems similar.
Applesauce Everyday!
Heron Breen