nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Southmeadow

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucedhansen@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Southmeadow
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:18:27 -0500

Bob was a giant. He was what NAFEX was all about and what many members of NAFEX are today. His nursery guy, unfortunately, sullied Bob's reputation. His original orchard was in Birmingham Michigan. He traveled all over the country and overseas seeking old cultivars; grapes, plums, apples, peaches,currents, pears......... Too bad that piece of crap over by Benton Harbor still pedals trees using his name, Southmeadow.