nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first

  • From: David W Hausmann <wizard2468@juno.com>
  • To: fruitopia@nexet.net, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:50:08 -0600

'Ello, All!
You have piqued my interest! Any suggestions as to where to get good
paw paws for Missouri? Trees, not fruit. Anything I should know about
what to / not to do to them?
Have a Good One! Love, Peace and Perception

Wizard
Saint Louis, Missouri

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:52:55 -0500 "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@nexet.net>
writes:
> For me, eating thawed pawpaw pulp in the winter gives me a warm
> feeling, not just because it's so delicious and nutritious, but also
> because the messy business of extracting the pulp from seeds in the
> fall is a special project my long-time girlfriend Claire and I
> happily share together.
>
> And there's the feeling that I assume many NAFEXers have, that since
> I planted the trees fifteen years ago, it is a great satisfaction
> having them pay off in spades so many years later. It assuages the
> many failures of other orchard experiments. With pawpaws in
> particular, since the trees keep spreading, it is especially
> satisfying knowing that there will be more and more pawpaws every
> year.
>
> David Consolvo
> Hungrytown, Virginia

> Please do not send binary files.