nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@nexet.net>
  • To: erican Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruit can help us stay positive during the darkest days ofwinter/which preserved fruit should I eat first
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:52:55 -0500

For me, eating thawed pawpaw pulp in the winter gives me a warm feeling, not
just because it's so delicious and nutritious, but also because the messy
business of extracting the pulp from seeds in the fall is a special project
my long-time girlfriend Claire and I happily share together.

And there's the feeling that I assume many NAFEXers have, that since I
planted the trees fifteen years ago, it is a great satisfaction having them
pay off in spades so many years later. It assuages the many failures of
other orchard experiments. With pawpaws in particular, since the trees keep
spreading, it is especially satisfying knowing that there will be more and
more pawpaws every year.

David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Virginia

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.nexet.net