nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hardwood Ash

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hardwood Ash
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:18:39 +0000

Sorry for delay in reply. I bet you've sent in your article by now. I heat w/ wood, and depending on the winter that means more or fewer buckets of ashes. (Cold-- heating-degree days, and ice-- use ashes on driveway [rural area, doesn't enter a storm-sewer]) I try to spread left-over ashes onto as large an area as possible, so no patch of soil gets over loaded and so much of the soil gets at least a little. That means all fruit trees get a "powdered sugar dusting" every 2-3 years, this average changing as orchards expend! I doubt I apply enough to have much/any effect on the soil pH.