nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "Big Bumpmy Bassetti" ?????

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "Big Bumpmy Bassetti" ?????
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:36:48 -0800

End of September is too late for Gravenstein. Bramley is more likely of what you mentioned, but the description is too general to be really sure. Too bad you weren't at the Home Orchard Society's Fall Fruit Show in Oregon a couple weeks ago. You would have had a table of several hundred varieties for comparison and some fellows who work at the identification of apples. Not likely you could get the variety patented easily. Your own testimony indicates it's an old variety.
-Lon Rombough