nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Orchard Mulch Revisited

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucedhansen@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Orchard Mulch Revisited
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:32:10 -0500

mulch is very over rated.

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Doreen Howard
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 4:42 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] Orchard Mulch Revisited

In the lengthy thread on mulching fruit trees, I didn't see anything on
cedar. My question is "Is the extra expense of procuring shredded cedar and
cedar bark mulch worth it?" I've used cedar extensively on perennial and
rose beds and see a marked decrease in insect damage. I've read that the
resin in cedar is an insect repellent. Any experience with this?
Doreen Howard

to change other email options):