nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bundles of trees from state/Cooperative Extension

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bundles of trees from state/Cooperative Extension
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:10:57 -0500

On Thursday, November 4, 2004, at 11:53 PM, David W Hausmann wrote:

Missouri's State Department of Conservation sells bundles of trees once a year, from November 15th through April.

Other states may have similar programs. I know New York State does; trees come through your county Cooperative Extension office. Check with your local extension service (I know a lot of states have them, maybe all do); you'll probably also find a lot of other useful information for either the home grower or the professional.
The information available and the attitude of the agents can vary considerably from county to county (ours is great); if you have a bad experience on your first try, a neighboring county may be able to help you.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly