nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 64

  • From: Mark_Bugaieski@rlicorp.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 64
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:50:19 -0500

Hi Deb,

I think I saw one other response on this and I agree with what was said.
I'm in the same zone as you and have had great success with fall plantings
(probably better than spring!). I'd add that if you fertilize at time of
planting, I'd delay it until spring and also I think mulching is more
important in the fall to protect against frost heave and ameliorate the
temperature swings/extremes on the young and damaged roots.

Good luck!

Mark

Message: 5