nafex - [NAFEX] Korean giant pear (various other names)

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.tayloru.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Korean giant pear (various other names)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:53:26 -0500

I tried a Korean giant pear about one week ago. It was not what I expected. The texture and flavor (including a fair percentage grit cells) was much more like a european pear than the asian pears I am familiar with. It reminded me of the "ok, but not very exciting" european pears I grew up with in Africa (not costal -- up over a mile high).

The question is: is that what I should expect from that pear? Is it possible that it wasn't properly ripe? (It didn't feel super hard, but it wasn't exactly soft, either.)

-sb
In zone 5 and thinking "So this has to be our Indian summer" and "Will my male kiwi decide to do the right thing next spring so I can get some fruit?" :-, <= A smiley face licking its lips in anticipation.