nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Pomona Index

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Pomona Index
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:11:36 -0700

Title: Message

Suzi,

I don’t know if the slowness was related to the size of the database.  I tried yesterday right after you posted the link.  Yesterday I gave up trying to open it.  I just tried today and it loaded no problem.  I think the problem is ability of your machine to service the high traffic it had yesterday.  Maybe you could keep two versions.  One as it is now for high speed connections, and another split across multiple files for slower connections or high traffic times.

-Mark Lee, Seattle