nafex - [NAFEX] Pomona Index

  • From: "Teghtmeyer, Suzanne R" <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pomona Index
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:30:21 -0500

Hi All,

A year ago a student and I indexed all the issues of Pomona into a MS Access database that the Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science had at the time. I then converted the table to text, tossed in a bit of HTML code, and launched it as a website. That website address is http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/pomonatoc.shtml

Admittedly, this page is HUGE! Let me know if the load time is too long for home computers/ 28.8 connections, and I can break it down by decades into smaller pages. It’s just easier to use the ‘Find’ function (CRTL+F) on one page rather than many.

I haven’t updated the website recently (July 30, 2003 to be exact), but will do so in the coming day or so. All of the entries are still in the database, so I can always send it to someone who wants to go the next step. Also, any missing issues from the Evans collection are not in the list, because I don’t have the table of contents to work from, of course!! I can add them to the database and website if anyone cares to send them to me. (Having the missing issues would be nice if there are extra copies out there...)

Because I have all the articles in a searchable database, I can sort, run queries, and other fun stuff to the records as needed. I don’t mind doing that for those who ask.

Kindest regards,

----Suzi Teghtmeyer

Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science

Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station and Mid-America Viticulture and Enology Center,

Southwest Missouri State University, Mountain Grove Campus

Evans Library Homepage: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/

AgNIC Viticulture site: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml

Email: srt175f@smsu.edu

Member: CBHL, AgNIC, USAIN, IAALD, ALA, STC