nafex - Re: [NAFEX] home orchard problems

  • From: Bob Hartman <hartmansfruittrees@wport.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] home orchard problems
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:04:28 -0700

Ro,

Are you sure it was scab? I have seen Liberty with some russet on the fruit.
Some people may mistake the
russet for scab. Russet sometimes on non-russet apples can be caused by
freezing at a certain time after
blooming and I don't remember just when. Also some sprays when applied
shortly after blooming can cause some
russet.

Bob Hartman
Western Washington