nafex - [NAFEX] Rubus Tayberry

  • From: "Teghtmeyer, Suzanne R" <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rubus Tayberry
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:45:53 -0500

Hi all,

While poking around on the ‘net for information on the fruits of Mexico, I came across a New Mexico horticulture guide* that mentions the cultivation of tayberries. I’m just wondering, are there a lot of tayberry growers out there?

Has anyone tried the thornless variety ‘Buckingham’?

I guess I’m more curious than anything (although tayberry culture would make a good article....)

Thanks,

----Suzi Teghtmeyer

Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science

Missouri State Fruit Experiment Station and Mid-America Viticulture and Enology Center,

Southwest Missouri State University, Mountain Grove Campus

Evans Library Homepage: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/

AgNIC Viticulture site: http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/viticulture1.shtml

Email: srt175f@smsu.edu

Member: CBHL, AgNIC, USAIN, IAALD, ALA, STC

* Minor Small Fruit Crops for New Mexico Gardens Guide H-326 [http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/%5Fh/H-326.pdf]