nafex - Re: [NAFEX] (no subject)

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:09:44 -0400

Hello,

By putting the balloon into the large onion bag and tying the fishing line to the onion bag, the delicate mylar does not take the abuse of wind where the fishing line attaches to it.

Try to tear a string from a mylar balloon, and then try to tear a string off an onion bag. That is the difference.

The mylar should only have the job of holding helium, let the onion bag do the rest.

Also, I have noted when filling helium balloons, do not make them rock hard. The pressure just works on the seams of the mylar balloon. Stop filling before it becomes rock hard, and the balloon will last much longer.

Most all mylar balloons are re-fillable.

Later,
Tom