nafex - [NAFEX] Yellow cherry plums

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Yellow cherry plums
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:46:28 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/2004 4:35:36 PM US Eastern Standard Time, jbarbowski@hotmail.com writes:

I was in Bamberg Germany last year and outside a monastery, I discovered trees with fruit similar to what Lon describes. The 'plums' are slightly larger than a cherry, green when un-ripe, turn yellow with pink tones when ripe. Very sweet plum taste.

Hello,

While in Russia in 1991 on the NAFEX / VIR exchange trip we saw wild P. cerasifera. Saw them in Aug. with trees of both red and yellow fruit, cherry size, sweet, soft when ripe and definite plum taste. Importing seed or plant material is forbidden by the USDA as they can carry Sharka virus.

Jerry Lehman

  • [NAFEX] Yellow cherry plums, Jwlehman, 06/30/2004