nafex - [NAFEX] Source for persimmon pulp?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Source for persimmon pulp?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:42 -0500

Folks,

I've had several requests recently for a source of commercially canned (or frozen) persimmon pulp.
In the past, I've referred them to Dymple Green, of Dymple's Delight Persimmons, in Mitchell, IN, but I'm under the impression that she's no longer processing persimmons (but maybe that's just an ugly rumor?)

Do any of y'all (Jerry Lehman?) know of a commercial source for canned persimmon (preferrably D.virginiana) pulp?

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY