nafex - [NAFEX] cherry plums

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cherry plums
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:56:24 -0700

Interesting how things work out. I don't care to grow cherries because of
the cherry fruit fly. However, some years ago I planted a row of seedlings
of a plumcot. One of them has been producing small yellow plums of very
good quality that are already ripe. It has been doing this for several
years. The catch is that the plums are the size of cherries. Even the pits
are as small as a cherry pit. You would actually think they were cherries,
until you ate one. Good, juicy and very pleasant, but obviously a plum.
But no cherry fruit flies. So maybe they will be my "cherries" from now on.
-Lon Rombough