nafex - [NAFEX] Re: The serviceberry's fruit often overlooked

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: The serviceberry's fruit often overlooked
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:51:48 -0400

Lon sez:
"A. laevis is supposed to grow down to Florida. "Jennybelle" is a selection
of it."

Doc sez:
Yep, that is one of my selections. It grows well and has a few berries but
all are attacked by the quince rust. Thanks Lon. The other is Grandiflora- a
natural hybrid between A. arborea and A. laevis. Both have rust. Nice
shrubs but tend to overgrow. Mine are 8 ft. tall. If they forked I could
make slingshots outta'em.
Doc Lisenby