nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 16, Issue 26

  • From: Mark_Bugaieski@rlicorp.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 16, Issue 26
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:57:49 -0500

On trees, for taller tubes, I used to slit them open near the bottom and
prop the opening open in late summer. I've since switched to 24 inch tubes
that don't require this.

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:13:00 -0600
From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland@collinscom.net>
Subject: [NAFEX] Are Grow Tubes okay to use where it gets cold?
To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

I have come across websites that state Grow Tubes could cause a plant
not to harden off enough to survive it's first Winter. Has anyone in
the Northern States used Grow tubes and had good survival rate for
their grapes first Winter? I have six new Grapes and six 29" long Snap
n Grow tubes that I'm itching to put around the new vines.

Rodney in zone 4

  • [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 16, Issue 26, Mark_Bugaieski, 05/19/2004