nafex - [NAFEX] Grafting European and Japanese plums

  • From: "Philip Wilson" <wilkenna@nex.net.au>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafting European and Japanese plums
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:31:15 +1000

I have a number of seedling plums growing here on the farm and am keen
to graft some ageing Santa Rosa onto some younger rootstock. I wonder if you
could tell me whether Japanese and European scions and rootstock can be used
interchangeably, as I don't know of a sure way of identifying immature
specimens. Myrobalan seedlings are also numerous in the orchard and it would
be pleasing to know if they are also of any use in propagating more
desirable trees.

Many thanks,

Philip Wilson (Australia)

  • [NAFEX] Grafting European and Japanese plums, Philip Wilson, 05/09/2004