nafex - Re: [NAFEX] St. Augustine grass

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] St. Augustine grass
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:20:19 -0500

That's probably why I've never heard of St Augustine grass.

I wanted to chime in with the folks touting the use of comfrey. I've been planting it as a living mulch around large fruit trees & juglan species. 3 times a summer I go arouind with a machete & cut it back immediately after flowering, leaving it lay. One other benefit that hasn't been mentioned is that often time the comfrey melts into a skin of sorts. I believe the word is gley. Makes it pretty hard for other "weeds" to penetrate.

mIEKAL