nafex - Re: [NAFEX] When will my apple tree bloom?

  • From: "Jim Cooper" <JCooper@lewiston.k12.id.us>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] When will my apple tree bloom?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:26:15 -0700

I have a M111 Fuji and it was much slower to bloom than the other trees
planted the same time. I did get 2 apples last year and I think it was
it's 4th year. This year I think there are about 40 bloom clusters and
it is almost in full bloom here in Idaho Zone 6, most of my other apples
are done, petal fall last week. I had Daffodils a month ago. So mine is
much later, being a fuji.
I do like the 111 much better than the I think M-26 that I have with
Jonathan. I have a tough time with the Jonathan, in powdery mildew and
tree shape and structure. I am not sure if that is the graft or the
root.

Jim
zone 6